Code of Conduct
- Be positive at all times.
- Children have a greater need of example than criticism.
- Learn the game: read and ask questions. Study the "Laws of the Game" to
- Increase your understanding and enjoyment of the game. FIFA Rules
- Let the coach do the coaching. Do not give tactical directions to players during game play.
- Attempt to relieve the pressure of competition, not increase it. A child is easily affected by outside influences.
- Be supportive of the coach. This is a volunteer giving of personal time and money to provide your child with the opportunity to learn the game of soccer.
- The opponents are necessary friends, and so are their parents. Without them, your child could not participate.
- Be especially courteous to the opponents and their fans, even when it is not reciprocated. Today's opponent may be next season's teammate!
- Applaud good play for both your team AND the opponent's.
- Do not openly question an official's judgment and honestly. Officials are symbols of fair play, integrity, and sportsmanship.
- Be gracious in victory and defeat!
- Maintain a "Can do" attitude and develop the "Will to Win"! Show respect to your teammates, coaches, opponents, and officials at all times.
- Learn the game. Play, practice, and watch the game as often as possible.
- Be punctual for games and practice.
- Give 100% in all aspects of the game! Your effort will be rewarded.
- Appearances count. Keep your shirt tucked in!
- Ask questions when you don't understand something. It is your coaches duty to make sure you understand what is expected of you.
- Be a proud member of the Lightning organization. We stand for all that is great about soccer!